Central Iowa Immigrant Support Coalition
The coalition’s current focus is helping immigrant families deal with issues arising from the pandemic — issues that are amplified for immigrants because of job losses in the service industries. Among the services our contributions help to provide are:
- Basic needs such as housing, food, medical, transportation.
- Legal and paperwork problems associated with immigration matters.
- Transportation and accompaniment to court hearings and administrative appointments.
- Technology and computer availability issues related to students’ online classes.
- Other needs as they arise.
Planned Parenthood North Central States – Iowa
Planned Parenthood North Central States is committed to providing, promoting, and protecting reproductive and sexual health through high-quality care, education and advocacy. In 2019, Planned Parenthood provided a wide range of affordable, high-quality reproductive and sexual health care to more than 19,600 Iowans. This year, donor support will help us provide a variety of services in Central Iowa including:
- Comprehensive contraception options
- Testing, treatment, and risk counseling for sexually transmitted infections
- Cancer screenings and early interventions
- Preventive annual well visits
- Patient Assistance Funds and financial counseling to maximize mainstream benefits
- Patient-centered, inclusive care for marginalized populations
- Age-appropriate, research-informed education programs