2018 Annual Congregational Meeting
Sunday, June 3, 2018 – 11:15 am
Members are encouraged to attend the Annual Meeting to:
- Vote on amendments to Church Bylaws
- Elect new Board of Trustees and Endowment Committee members
- Approve members to the Ministerial Search Committee
- Approve the 2018-19 Operating Budget
- Celebrate the Unsung UU Award Recipient
All ages child care is available for the entire Annual Meeting. We are trying to gauge how many children will need child care during the annual meeting so we can order enough pizza. Click here to let us know how many children you’ll be bringing.
The following Annual Meeting materials are available to download / view (PDF):
(download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free)
- 2018 Agenda
- 2017 Annual Meeting Minutes
- Proposed Amendments to Church Bylaws
- Nominees for Board of Trustees and Endowment Committee
- Nominees for Ministerial Search Committee
- Annual Meeting Budget Materials (8 pages)
- Endowment Fund Report
Wednesday, May 9 at 6 pm (Room 114);
Sunday, May 20 at noon (Room 103);
Wednesday, May 23 at 6 pm (Channing Hall)
The budget the Board of Trustees adopted on May 3rd, and which you’ll consider at the June 3rd Annual Congregational Meeting, expresses values. This year we face a number of pinch-points and values-based decisions. We need your engagement.
We hope as many of you as possible will attend one of the budget forums the Board is holding in May. We’re not asking you to go over a boring line-item budget. We want you to share your wisdom about the tentative decisions the Board has made in the trade-off between values and cost.
Without your generosity we wouldn’t be able to recommend the budget we’re proposing. The Board celebrates your generosity in pledges for next year and pledge payments and additional contributions this year.
For a preview of the 2018-19 budget, as approved by the Board of Trustees, click here (PDF).
UPDATE: The Board has scheduled a special meeting for 5:30 pm on Wednesday, May 30 to consider whether to propose an amendment to the budget the Board approved on May 3. Go to ucdsm.org/board-business for more details.