Fabulously FUN Food Fair FUNdraiser #18
Channing Hall – Sundays, April 30 & May 7, 2017
WHAT IS A FOOD FAIR?
- A 2-day sale of tickets to future events that involve food, plus a silent auction of individual food items. Everything is offered by members & friends of the congregation. Doors open right after first service on April 30, and we end at 12:30 p.m. We open again around 9 a.m. on May 7, and close up at 12:30 p.m.
- EVENTS are offered for dates ranging from mid-May through the following March. Some previous examples include: soup supper, wine tasting, BBQ and hoedown, gourmet dining, evening of games & snacks, ethnic meals, high tea, brunch & lawn games, canoeing & a picnic lunch, a family day on a farm, kids’ night out, and a wide variety of theme parties. Tickets are sold at per person pre-set prices on a first-come basis.
- SILENT AUCTION ITEMS: Previous auction item examples include: a complete picnic in a basket, homemade cookies and pies, cooking lessons, a pot of soup, a meal for your family to pick-up and take home. This year there will be two types of auctions: Some will be available on one or the other of the sale dates to be paid for and taken home that day by the highest bidder; others will be available at later dates and awarded to the highest bidder as of 12:30 p.m. on May 7, 2017.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE FOOD FAIR?
EVERYONE! Meat-lovers & vegans! Individuals, couples, & families! Young & old! If you like to eat, the Food Fair is for YOU! It’s a great way to meet new people, have a ton of fun, and support the church.
WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DO THIS?
- Many comment on how much they enjoy getting to know new people while sharing great food (whether it’s simple or gourmet)
- Some say they feel like they’ve traveled the world without leaving town while enjoying marvelous ethnic meals
- One couple even said they’ve come to think of the event they host as a spiritual activity: “…cooking enables healthy nourishment, and eating together is part of community building. Good food provides an excuse to gather, lubricates our interactions (sangria provides an assist!) and is a backdrop to good conversation and dialogue”
WHAT IF I LOVE TO COOK, BUT DON’T HAVE ROOM TO HOST? OR VICE VERSA?
NO PROBLEM! We’ll match hosts who have space, with cooks who don’t. You might also be able to hold your event at church (if you reserve space in time). AND we might even find you a venue such as a gallery that would love to have you bring in food and a crowd to see their show.
I’D LIKE TO OFFER SOMETHING, BUT I’M NOT SURE WHAT…
NO PROBLEM! Get help brainstorming and planning your event or auction items. Contact:
Hilary Hippen-Leek email@example.com 515-313-7390
Barb Royal firstname.lastname@example.org 515-988-7076
Marian Stimson email@example.com 714-272-1114
We welcome all kinds of events and auction items, as long as they include food. Plan it yourself or work with friends.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTIING OFFERS: SUNDAY, APRRIL 23, 2017
Click here to submit!
Ellery & Channing
Fabulously Fun Food Fair Fundraiser Mascots