Fabulously FUN Food Fair FUNdraiser #18
Thank you for our most successful FUNdraiser ever!
(PDF – last updated 5/10/2017)
If you are interested in purchasing, please contact Barb Royal at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s all on a first-come basis.
WHAT IS A FOOD FAIR?
- A 2-day sale of tickets to future events that involve food, plus a silent auction of individual food items. Everything is offered by members & friends of the congregation. Doors open right after first service on April 30, and we end at 12:30 p.m. We open again around 9 a.m. on May 7, and close up at 12:30 p.m.
- EVENTS are offered for dates ranging from mid-May through the following March. Tickets are sold at per person pre-set prices on a first-come basis.
- SILENT AUCTION ITEMS: This year there will be two types of auctions: Some will be available on one or the other of the sale dates to be paid for and taken home that day by the highest bidder; others will be available at later dates and awarded to the highest bidder as of 12:30 p.m. on May 7, 2017.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE FOOD FAIR?
EVERYONE! Meat-lovers & vegans! Individuals, couples, & families! Young & old! If you like to eat, the Food Fair is for YOU! It’s a great way to meet new people, have a ton of fun, and support the church.
WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DO THIS?
- Many comment on how much they enjoy getting to know new people while sharing great food (whether it’s simple or gourmet)
- Some say they feel like they’ve traveled the world without leaving town while enjoying marvelous ethnic meals
- One couple even said they’ve come to think of the event they host as a spiritual activity: “…cooking enables healthy nourishment, and eating together is part of community building. Good food provides an excuse to gather, lubricates our interactions (sangria provides an assist!) and is a backdrop to good conversation and dialogue”
HOW IT ALL WORKS
- Bring your checkbook, cash or credit car! EVENT purchases & same-day auctions MUST be paid for at time of sale. NO IOUs!
- You MUST complete a BUYER/BIDDER form BEFORE you can sign up for an event or bid on an auction! Your buyer number is your ID for the sale!
- Events are displayed in numeric order. Refer to the list to choose your item & find its number. Events are listed at set, per person prices.
– Sign up on the event sheet – one name & buyer number per line!
– When done, take your BUYER/BIDDER form to check-out to register & pay.
- Silent Auction: Enter your name, buyer number & bid amount. Minimum bid increase is $2.00. Auctions close at 12:30 p.m. Must be present to win a same-day auction, or it will go to the next highest bidder.
Ellery & Channing
Fabulously Fun Food Fair Fundraiser Mascots