During its April 16 meeting the Board of Trustees focused on a variety of subjects.
- Charles Lewis, our Director of Finance and Administration, reported to the Board that First Unitarian’s loan application under the federal Coronavirus-related Paycheck Protection Program had been approved by First National Bank in the sum of $84,600 and that he would be picking up the check on April 17. (The Board had approved applying for this forgivable loan in a special meeting on April 9.)
- Charles Lewis gave an update on the stewardship campaign, reporting that while the shortfall was reduced 50% since the March Board meeting, the church still had not heard from 85 past pledgers, representing a shortfall of $70,700, with $533,027 in pledges received thus far.
- Board members discussed the May 31 church Annual Meeting in detail. The decision was made to stick with the May 31 date and to do the meeting via virtual means, with telephone access for members who may lack the ability to access live video of the meeting. A further decision was made that, given the still-pending stewardship shortfall, the Board will provide a financial report to the congregation at the meeting rather than propose an annual budget. The Board also discussed logistical issues involved with conducting the meeting virtually.
- The Board voted to approve Rev. Shaw adding their signature to a letter to the Governor from religious, labor, and other advocates calling on her to do more to protect workers from Covid-19.
- Birch Spick made a presentation regarding a proposed new design for a First Unitarian banner to be used at UUA General Assembly and other gatherings where our congregation may wish to publicize our presence.
- Board members discussed the process it will follow in the upcoming regular performance review it will conduct regarding Rev. Shaw.
Board meeting minutes are more detailed than these Highlights and are usually available in draft form about three weeks after each Board meeting on the “Connect” drop-down menu on the church website under “Board of Trustees” and “Board Business.” They become official when approved at the next Board meeting. The next Board meeting will be at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 14 via Zoom. You are all welcome and encouraged to attend online.