During its August 20th meeting, the Board of Trustees focused on a variety of subjects.
- The Board approved the purchase of a large banner to be installed on the front lawn letting everyone know we are on line and virtually open.
- As we continue to see the need for additional virtual meetings, the Board approved the purchase of two additional Zoom accounts for groups up to 100. The intent is to format them as virtual meeting rooms and to be scheduled by contacting the office.
- The Financial Oversight Committee met and reviewed the 2020-2021 budget and concurred the revenue and expense projections were in balance. The committee also reviewed the Capital Maintenance Reserve and the Operational Reserve. Special thanks to the Al Powers, Becky Evans, Vicki Scott, Barb Royal, Greg Nichols and Andrea LeMeuse for their oversight.
- Rev. Amy reviewed the formation of the Leadership Committee which will be such a benefit to our congregation.
- Rev. Amy also provided a very informative review of the of job descriptions of UCDSM staff and expectations for each position.
- And the Board voted to call a Special Meeting of the Congregation set for September 27, 2020 at 11:30 am for 2020-2021 Budget. Several informative meetings will be set up in advance to provide the information to everyone and to address any concerns.
Board meeting minutes are more detailed than these Highlights and are usually available in draft form about three weeks after each Board meeting on the “Connect” drop-down menu on the church website under “Board of Trustees” and “Board Business.” They become official when approved at the next Board meeting. The next Board meeting will be at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 17 via Zoom. You are all welcome and encouraged to attend online.