Job Openings at UCDSM
First Unitarian Church of Des Moines is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Child Care Provider
Position Overview: The task of the Child Care Provider is to provide care and supervision for children while the children’s parents/guardians are attending church programs.
Supervisor: Amanda DuBose, Child Care Coordinator
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide loving care and attention to the children in your care, primarily infants through age 4 but may include older children, developing positive relationships with them and helping them enjoy their time at church
- Be attentive to children when they are engaged in free play, read and/or sing to children, play with them, comfort those who are upset
- Change diapers and assist children in using the restroom
- Help keep the space in which the children play safe and fun for them by keeping it tidy; disinfecting tables, toys and other surfaces; and watching for any unsafe items in the room, such as a broken toy or something too small for an infant to play with
- Interact with parents/guardians in a manner that is both warm and helpful. Help them sign their children in, ask about any special needs, and tell them about their child’s time in care
- Education, training, or experience to successfully and competently execute Essential Job Functions
- Previous experience working with young children
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- 16 years of age or older
- Applicants 18 years of age and older will be required to complete a background check prior to employment
- Warm and caring in interactions with children and their families
- General knowledge of infant and toddler development
- Self-motivated to do the job well
- Flexibility in dealing with unexpected events
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters regarding visitors, members, friends, and staff of First Unitarian Church of Des Moines
- Respectful of a wide range of religious beliefs
- Able to work with little to no supervision
Hours & Pay
- Part-time position that schedules around your life
- Days and hours to possibly include some Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (reduced hours in the summer), and Wednesday nights from 5:30 to 8:45 p.m., with other dates/times dependent on when other church programming needs arise
- You are NOT expected to work every Sunday morning or every Wednesday night! We are flexible and will work with you
- Starting pay: $10/hour
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
E-mail your résumé to Amanda DuBose, Child Care Coordinator, at email@example.com.