Job Openings at UCDSM
First Unitarian Church of Des Moines is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performance Objective – Accurate and timely account for and deposit all pledge income, contributions, and other income
a. All cash and checks received will be counted, an accurate weekly deposit worksheet will be prepared and the bank deposit will be prepared and made.
b. All pledge payments and other income received will be recorded timely and accurately.
c. All automatic pledge payments through Vanco Services will be recorded timely. Any changes in automatic pledge payments will be processed promptly. Vanco fees will be recorded monthly.
d. Bank bags and counter sheets will be prepared weekly for the ushers.
e. Contribution statements will be sent as often as needed to members who are not current with pledge payments. Contribution statements will be sent annually as of June 30 (fiscal year end) and December 31 to all members.
2. Performance Objective – All invoices will be paid timely and accurately. Payroll reports will be reconciled in a timely manner.
a. Invoices for payment will be footed for accuracy, coded with the appropriate account numbers, and approved for payment by the DFA before payments are processed. Checks will be prepared and compared to invoice for correct vendor name and accuracy of amount. Checks will be submitted to the DFA for signature.
b. Paid invoices will be filed by fiscal year by vendor.
c. Petty cash will be reconciled and replenished at least semi-annually.
d. Transfers to reimburse ministers for contractual expenses will be initiated timely.
Other payments such as Social Justice outreach, UUA and Mid-America Region payments, etc., will be initiated timely.
e. Payroll reports will be reconciled and recorded timely.
f. Payroll taxes will be paid timely. Payroll tax related reports will be prepared accurately and submitted timely.
3. Other accounting-related functions will be provided.
a. Accurate budget reports will be provided to staff and requesting committee chairs as needed.
b. Provide ad hoc reports as may be requested.
c. Journal entries for bank fees, interest income, and other items will be made as necessary.
d. Respond to inquiries timely with accurate information.
This position is 10 hours per week.
First Unitarian Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your resume to Charles Lewis, Director of Finance & Administration, at email@example.com.
Child Care Provider
Position Overview: The task of the Child Care Provider is to provide care and supervision for children while the children’s parents/guardians are attending church programs.
Supervisor: Amanda DuBose, Child Care Coordinator
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide loving care and attention to the children in your care, primarily infants through age 4 but may include older children, developing positive relationships with them and helping them enjoy their time at church
- Be attentive to children when they are engaged in free play, read and/or sing to children, play with them, comfort those who are upset
- Change diapers and assist children in using the restroom
- Help keep the space in which the children play safe and fun for them by keeping it tidy; disinfecting tables, toys and other surfaces; and watching for any unsafe items in the room, such as a broken toy or something too small for an infant to play with
- Interact with parents/guardians in a manner that is both warm and helpful. Help them sign their children in, ask about any special needs, and tell them about their child’s time in care
- Education, training, or experience to successfully and competently execute Essential Job Functions
- Previous experience working with young children
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- 16 years of age or older
- Applicants 18 years of age and older will be required to complete a background check prior to employment
- Warm and caring in interactions with children and their families
- General knowledge of infant and toddler development
- Self-motivated to do the job well
- Flexibility in dealing with unexpected events
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters regarding visitors, members, friends, and staff of First Unitarian Church of Des Moines
- Respectful of a wide range of religious beliefs
- Able to work with little to no supervision
Hours & Pay
- Part-time position that schedules around your life
- Days and hours to possibly include some Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (reduced hours in the summer), and Wednesday nights from 5:30 to 8:45 p.m., with other dates/times dependent on when other church programming needs arise
- You are NOT expected to work every Sunday morning or every Wednesday night! We are flexible and will work with you
- Starting pay: $10/hour
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
E-mail your résumé to Amanda DuBose, Child Care Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.