Art Gallery at First Unitarian
The Art Gallery wall at First Unitarian displays 2-dimensional artwork by local artists for one month. You can view the art gallery when the church office is open (Tuesday – Friday, 1pm – 5pm), or on Sunday mornings during and following church services. One Sunday each month, the artist is present between Sunday services to meet with others to speak about their work. In addition, some artists may choose to hold a separate reception for their artwork.
How to Apply
- Your work will be reviewed by the First Unitarian Art Committee. You will receive a follow up from a member of the Committee within two weeks after submission.
- You will be asked to sign a release of liability waiver as First Unitarian Church does not provide insurance.
- If your work depicts nudity, violence or discrimination, submit photos of each piece that includes this content for committee review.
- The gallery is one long 40-foot wall with spot lighting and a hanging system. Your work should be finished and ready to hang.
- The gallery is open Sundays during services and Tuesday-Friday during office hours (use south entrance). Call the church office at 515-244-8603 for availability.
- An art committee member will be on hand during installation.
- You are welcome to offer your art for sale and may have any brochures or promo materials on hand. While there is no charge for exhibiting at First Unitarian Church of Des Moines, if any artwork is sold, there is a 15 percent fee, payable to the church, which helps defray expenses.
- A committee member will work with you to schedule a “Meet the Artist” during one Sunday of the month between services where you can mingle with members and friends.
- You are also welcome to have a separate private reception for friends and family at no charge. Any refreshments served are the responsibility of the exhibiting artist.
- If you have any questions, please contact our Art Gallery Committee chair at email@example.com.