REACH Grant Guidelines
The Endowment Development Committee facilitates the distribution of up to 85% of the net annual income of the Endowment Fund by awarding REACH grants to church members and groups for such uses as community outreach, educational opportunities for members, and equipment purchases. This is you and your group’s chance to plan a program or event beyond the usual budget item constraints.
Applicants are encouraged to use the on-line form which will be date- and time-stamped upon submission. Applications are typically accepted in April and May – please check back during those months to access the on-line application.
- Projects funded through this grant may involve both church members and non-church members, although only church members or church groups may apply.
- While there is no minimum amount that can be requested, the maximum is $2,500.
- Funds awarded must be used within one year of award.
- Funds may not be used to pay personnel but may be used to hire outside experts for your event or program.
- If other funds are available for a given project, those funds should be expended first. If not all REACH funds are spent, they are to be returned to the Endowment.
- The Endowment Development Committee will select and award the grants.
- A final report is due within 30 days of the project end date. It must document your event and detail the results of your project and your actual expenditures.
- July 31, 2017 or 30 days after event, whichever comes first: Final report due for 2016 Award Recipients
- May 2017: Applications due for 2017 submissions (on-line or in church office)
- July 2017: Grant awards for 2017-18 announced
Questions? Contact Endowment Committee Chair Doug Hoffman, doughoff2(at)mchsi(dot)com.