Is making Des Moines a fairer city for all who live here worth 90 minutes of your time?
JOIN THE INITIATIVE TO END RACIAL PROFILING BY LAW ENFORCEMENT IN DES MOINES
Please plan to attend a workshop presented by the Citizens for Community Improvement (CCI) Racial Justice Committee
Saturday, January 19, 2019
9:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
First Unitarian Church
1800 Bell Avenue, Des Moines
We will review the six requests made by Des Moines citizens to our City Council
- BAN racial profiling by police
- BAN pre-textual stops
- COLLECT and publish data on all police stops
- CREATE a citizen’s review board
- REQUIRE training in implicit bias and de-escalation
- MAKE enforcement of marijuana possession a low-level priority
You will learn why these requests have been made, what has been done so far in Des Moines, and how you can help with this initiative.
The workshop is free and coffee will be provided.
Please RSVP to Harvey Harrison
Printable Flyer HERE