Social Media & Executive Support Specialist
Role: To ensure a multiplatform daily social media presence by UCDSM while maintaining a position as an onsite church representative tasked with basic administrative support of the functions of the church.
Minimal Requirements: This role requires the holder to be a digital native, familiar with multiple social media platforms. Responsible for content creation and dispersal within the parameters of a media plan created by Communications Director, Communications Team, and Senior Minister.
- Must be a power user of online collaboration tools, social medial platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, and familiar with messaging, texting, and ZOOM.
- Must be able to use a laptop, desktop, smartphone, or tablet without oversite.
- Must be proficient with one or more photo and video editing programs or apps (Photoshop, VSCO, PicMonkey, Snapseed etc.) and able to create basic graphic images as needed including pictures, text, and graphic elements.
- Must be pleasant and articulate, able to problem solve basic office challenges, and refer problems to appropriate staff or congregation members as needed.
- Must understand basic math and be able to read at a 10 – 12 grade level.
- Must be able to reliably be present in the building for 4 hours a day, Tuesday through Friday, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Must be comfortable with or willing to learn basic office equipment.
The Social Media and Executive Support Specialist is responsible for basic office management tasks and for providing a daily digital outreach presence for UCDSM. The Social Media and Executive Support Specialist will work under the guidance of the Senior Minister and Communications Director to create a ministry which functions harmoniously with other ministries of the church to promote and amplify the mission and vision of UCDSM.
Duties and Responsibilities (Digital):
- Maintaining a daily and weekly scheduled digital presence for the church
- 2 daily Facebook posts on the UCDSM Facebook page
- 1-3 daily Instagram posts on the UCDSM Instagram account
- 1 or more Tweets per day on the UCDSM Twitter account
- Will coordinate with Senior Minister, Communications Director, and Communication Group to create digital outreach content as needed
- Will use material provided by the Senior Minister, Communications Director, and Communication Group to maintain the daily and weekly scheduled digital presence for the church
- Will post UCDSM commercials and videos to the appropriate platforms as needed
- Will expand the UCDSM presence into emerging social media platforms as requested
Duties and Responsibilities (Administrative):
- Being present in the building from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Tuesday through Friday
- Answering the primary phone line and routing messages as needed
- Accepting deliveries
- Ordering supplies as needed and routinely without oversite
- Coordinating with vendors as needed and routinely to provide desired services
- Coordinating with Financial Director to ensure vendors are paid in a timely fashion
- Coordinating with custodian on room set ups as needed
- Maintaining church calendar and schedule
- Coordinating scheduling and provision of services for rentals, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Assisting Membership Coordinator to maintain Powerchurch database (will train)
- Other duties as requested
Meets regularly with their supervisor, the Senior Minister and attends staff meetings and retreats as requested.
Organizing. Can gather and organize resources (people, funding, materials, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can use resources effectively and efficiently.
Self-Sufficiency. Requires minimal to no daily oversight. Can pace self based on job needs
Interpersonal relationships. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
Planning. Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Managing conflict. Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly, focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitably; finds common ground and gets cooperation.
Trust and integrity. Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with those values
General Compensation and Terms
The Social Media and Executive Support Specialist is a 16 hour per week employee.
- Rate will be $15 per hour
- Vacation and health insurance- per policy manual
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Senior Minister, Rev. Amy Petrie Shaw email@example.com.