Six week course starting in August/September.
Dr. Jennifer Harvey, an award-winning educator and author, is offering a course called Raising Antiracist White Kids: A step-by-step guide to parenting for racial justice.
We face real challenges when it comes to raising white children in a society that is full of racial injustice. Should we teach white kids to be “colorblind”? Or, to notice race? What roles do we want them to play in addressing racism when they encounter it? How do we best do that?
In this course you will learn to:
- recognize the impact of “white silence” and develop skills to interrupt it;
- talk about race with white children with curiosity and confidence;
- go beyond “equality” or “colorblindness” and toward race-conscious and justice-conscious ways of engaging children and youth;
- nurture habits in your parenting and caregiving that support antiracist development in the lives of the white children and youth in your life;
- recognize the importance of finding a community of accountability to support your own antiracist commitment as we work together to create a future where all of us can flourish.
Please email email@example.com today to sign-up for this course.
It is a 6 week course. There is a cost of $90 per person IF WE GET 10 OR MORE PEOPLE for the course that First Unitarian Church would be able to subsidize. Please also respond if you would like to start in August or in September.