CONspiracy Theory Youth CON
A gathering of YRUU youth from around the MidAmerica Region of the UUA
November 3 – 5, 2017
at First Unitarian Church of Des Moines
To pay fees on-line, go to our Give page from our web site
OR mail your check to First Unitarian Church of Des Moines, 1800 Bell Ave, Des Moines, IA 50315
Please make checks our to First Unitarian Church and write CONspiracy Theory in the memo line. Thank you!
- NO WALK-INS!
- Registration postmarked by October 22, 2017: $35/youth
- Late registration postmarked by October 29, 2017: $40/youth
- Sponsor Registration: no cost
- CONspiracy Theory T-shirt* (with regular registration): $15
*We may have additional shirts for purchase at the CON, but no guarantees!
**You can download a PDF here with all CON information and registration forms.**
- Click here to register a youth for this CON
- Click here to register as a sponsor for this CON
- Beginning of CON: Friday, Nov. 3, 7:30 – 9:30 pm
- End of CON: Sunday, Nov. 5, 8:30 am
- Food: We will provide breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, as well as breakfast on Sunday. Dinner Friday night is NOT included.
- Sleeping arrangements: Co-ed sleeping with supervision by chaperones*
*Sexual behavior by youth or adults at lock-ins is not allowed. This includes the following guidelines: All clothing should remain on unless changing in a designated area. No sleeping bags or blankets should be shared at any time (one body per bag or blanket).
- No Drugs/Alcohol/Smoking
- No Fireworks/Pyrotechnics
- No Sexual Activity/One person Per Sleeping Bag
- Respect for the Church Property
- No Weapons
- Respect for each other
- Respect for Church Property
- NO WALK INS!!!!
- MUST HAVE SPONSOR!!!
The general role of the sponsor is to chaperone the youth, support the community, and participate in conference activities. The purpose of the 1:7 adult:youth ratio is to ensure a safe environment for the weekend’s activities. The goal for sponsors is to help foster a fun community, to encourage all of the youth to participate in con activities, and to meet other great UU adults.
We thank you for your participation – we could not have this event without your support! We will ensure that there are additional sponsors available to chaperone the lock‐in Saturday evening, so sponsors needing to drive Sunday will have ample time to sleep. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dana Stuehling or Tracy Beck (see below for contact info). Click here to register as a sponsor for this CON.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Change of clothes
- Talents for Coffee House
- Sponsor (at least 25 years old; one sponsor per 7 youth)