Volunteers are always needed and appreciated!
If you are interested in helping with R.E., email Tracy Beck, DRE – firstname.lastname@example.org
Story Readers Needed!
We need more story readers! Does your child or youth want to participate in services? We would love to have more people involved with telling the Story for All Ages in Sunday services. Please email Tracy Beck if you or your child is interested email@example.com Tracy chooses stories that both fit the theme of the sermon and also match the reader’s ability. Stories are always only 3-5 minutes long and are emailed to you on Tuesday or Wednesday to allow plenty of time to practice. Children can even request co-reading with DRE Tracy Beck!
We are HIRING!
Religious Education Teachers to Work with our Preschool – Grade 1 Children! Please email Tracy Beck firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. To begin Immediately.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who match any of the following criteria:
- Current or former daycare providers
- Current or former pre-school or elementary teachers
- Current high school students (at least age 16), college students or recent college graduates with a major in early childhood or elementary education
- Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Religious Education (DRE)
- Collaborate with the DRE and RE Assistant to understand curriculum based on weekly themes
- Provide positive classroom management and create community in specific cluster
- Work with volunteer teachers in conducting specific activities related to curriculum and also be willing to lead activities
- Maintain attendance information and related reporting for assigned Cluster
- Must be able to teach nearly every Sunday during the church year from approximately 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (You may have one Sunday off per month-must ask 1 week in advance)
- Background check required if 18 years of age
- Enjoys and relates well with young children
- Mature and responsible
- Collaborative, friendly nature
- Sense of humor
- Previous teaching experience; preferably in early childhood education or religious education
- Previous experience (preferred) or working familiarity with the values, principles, and practices of the Unitarian Universalist faith
- Ability to work with volunteers, and a willingness to work closely with parents
- $10 an hour
Dates of Importance
March 1: Wednesday Night Programming
March 5: High School Youth Service – NO RE for grades 4 and up – they are invited to attend service
Sunday RE Classes for Preschool – Grade 3, 9:15 & 11 am
YRUU may go out to lunch together after service / No YRUU that PM
March 8: Wednesday Night Programmin
March 12: Sunday RE Classes, 9:15 & 11 am
NO YRUU (Spring Break)
March 15: NO Wednesday Night Programming (Spring Break)
March 19: Sunday RE Classes, 9:15 & 11 am
NO YRUU (Spring Break)
March 22: Wednesday Night Programming
March 26: Sunday RE Classes, 9:15 & 11 am
YRUU, 6-8 pm