Volunteers are always needed and appreciated!
If you are interested in helping with R.E., email Tracy Beck, DRE – firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Faith Formation for Children, Pre-K – Grade 5
10 am, Room 111
Beginning Sunday, June 18 – Sunday, Sept. 3
Picture Book World Religions
An introduction to Hindu, Islamic, and Buddhist faiths through picture books and activities such as Hanuman the Monkey King stick puppets, Arabic alphabet calligraphy, date recipes for Ramadan, peacock feather art, paper airplanes, and sand play for Zen gardening.
Facilitators are needed for Summer Faith Formation. Class will be held at 10 am only from June 18 – Sunday, September 3. If you can facilitate even one Sunday, please email Tracy Beck email@example.com
High School Senior Recognition
High School Seniors will be recognized in the service on Sunday, June 18 at 10 am. Please let Tracy Beck know if your graduate would like to participate firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Faith Formation Classes for Fall 2017 – DEADLINE
If you are interested in offering a book study, class or other Adult Faith Formation activity for Fall 2017, the deadline for submitting a proposal is June 10. Please email Tracy Beck at email@example.com.
DRE Mini Sabatical
Professional full-time church staff receive a several-month period when they are free to study, rest and travel. It’s usually done after the 7th year. Tracy Beck has been full time since April, 2009, so it’s been 8 years, but due to the upcoming ministerial transition, it is a difficult time for a full sabbatical. Tracy will be gone from the church from July 1- August 31, 2017. She intends to use the time for rest and renewal.
What will happen while the DRE is gone?
During the summer, programming is minimal, so that helps. Sunday religious education classes will be multi-age (Pre-K – Grade 5) and will be held at 10 am. Any child or youth older than that are welcome to attend the service. Teachers will be hired and volunteer from the congregation to lead classes. Megan Irey, RE Assistant, will also be working to take care of needs.
Members are asked to help during this time of sabbatical – to participate in RE programming through volunteering so that the needs of the program are still being met.
What about planning for the Fall?
This will all be done before Tracy goes on sabbatical. Sunday morning religious education classes, adult religious education classes, Coming of Age, Our Whole Lives, Wellspring, Soul Matters and any other programs should be all set before July 1.
- Any questions about Adult RE classes should be sent to Megan Irey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any questions about any children/youth programming should be sent to Megan Irey from July 1 – August 31, email@example.com
We are HIRING!
Please email Tracy Beck firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. To begin Immediately.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who match any of the following criteria:
- Current or former daycare providers
- Current or former pre-school or elementary teachers
- Current high school students (at least age 16), college students or recent college graduates with a major in early childhood or elementary education
- Work under the direct supervision of the Director of Religious Education (DRE)
- Collaborate with the DRE and RE Assistant to understand curriculum based on weekly themes
- Provide positive classroom management and create community in specific cluster
- Work with volunteer teachers in conducting specific activities related to curriculum and also be willing to lead activities
- Maintain attendance information and related reporting for assigned Cluster
- Must be able to teach nearly every Sunday during the church year from approximately 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (You may have one Sunday off per month-must ask 1 week in advance)
- Background check required if 18 years of age
- Enjoys and relates well with young children
- Mature and responsible
- Collaborative, friendly nature
- Sense of humor
- Previous teaching experience; preferably in early childhood education or religious education
- Previous experience (preferred) or working familiarity with the values, principles, and practices of the Unitarian Universalist faith
- Ability to work with volunteers, and a willingness to work closely with parents
- $10 an hour
Dates of Importance
May 3: Wednesday Night Programming (Last night for Coming of Age class)
May 6: Coming of Age Celebration Dinner, 6 pm
May 7: Coming of Age Services & Sunday RE Classes (Pre-K – Grade 3; Grades 4 and up attend service this week), 9:15 & 11 am
YRUU, 6-8 pm
May 10: Wednesday Night Programming (Last night for Children’s Choirs, Navigators, Spirit Play, Soul Matters for Kids)
May 14: Sunday RE Classes, 9:15 & 11 am
YRUU, 6 – 8 pm
May 17: Last night for Our Whole Lives, Grade 7 (No other programming and no dinner tonight)
May 21: White Supremacy Teach-in RE classes, 9:15 & 11 am
May 24: Talent Show, 6 pm
May 28: Sunday RE Classes, 9:15 & 11 am
June 4: Sunday RE Classes, 9:15 am ONLY; Child care for all ages for 11 am Annual Meeting
June 11: Rev. Stringer’s last service, 10 am; No RE classes – all are invited to attend service (child care for infants – age 5)
June 18: Summer RE Class begins, 10 am (one multi-age class)