Join us for Our Annual Samhain Ritual!
Date: October 31st Time:
Gather at 6:30 PM
Ritual: Starts at 7:00 PM
Meet: In Griffin Hall at First Unitarian Church of Des Moines
As the leaves fall and the veil between the worlds thins, we invite you to our annual Samhain ritual to honor our ancestors, celebrate the turning of the Wheel of the Year, and embrace the magick of this sacred time.
**What to Expect**
- Gathering: Arrive at 6:30 PM to settle in and connect with fellow participants.
- Ritual: Our Samhain ritual will commence at 7:00 PM. Please be punctual, as not to disrupt the energy of this powerful night.
- Magickal Work: We’ll trance journey to the Isle of Apples to commune with the ancestors, and dance the Spiral Dance with them. Those with mobility or stamina limitations are welcome to sit in the center to most fully participate in this part of the ritual.
- Chant: We’ll chant the chorus of “Dance in the Graveyards” by Delta Rae during the Spiral Dance. You may wish to familiarize yourself ahead of time.
- Grounding and Fellowship: In lieu of cakes and ale, ritual will be followed by a snack potluck. Simple finger-food to share is welcome! **What to Bring** An open heart and mind A sense of reverence Witchy garb welcome (ritual is indoors) Simple finger-food to share afterwards
First Unitarian Church of Des Moines (Griffin Hall)
1800 Bell Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50315
RSVP by selecting “GOING” on the event link here.
This Samhain, let’s pay homage to our roots, seek wisdom from those who came before us, and embrace the magick of this special time.
We look forward to sharing this sacred experience with you.
Childcare will not be available for this ritual. We recommend attendees be 16 years old and above.