Our next Gathering will be on Sunday, November 13, at 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. We’ll continue our discussion of Paul Hawken’s book Regeneration: Ending the Climate Crisis in One Generation.
We will be discussing “Intersection of climate justice and gender”. This session will focus on data revealing gender gaps that must be intentionally closed. In preparation, please read these sections from Regeneration:
- Women and Food p.p. 128-129
- Soul Fire Farm Leah Penman p.p. 130-133
- Education of Girls p.p. 136-137.
Please also review
2. Video When the Women of Iceland Went on a Strike (excerpt from Where to Invade Next) Michael Moore 2015
3. The Crucial Intersection of Feminism and Climate Justice Grace Redpath
5. How Empowering Women and Girls Can Help Stop Global Warming Pat Mitchell
This will be a hybrid meeting. You are welcome to join us at First Unitarian Church, 1800 Bell Ave. in Des Moines (south doors, masks optional) or by Zoom. You can register for a zoom link here. If attending in person, an RSVP is appreciated but not necessary. You can RSVP or ask questions by emailing PachamamaAllianceIowa@gmail.com.