Adopted by the Board of Trustees March 22, 2022
The following policies replace previous policies on in-person activities, and are effective beginningSunday, March 27, 2022.
- We expect all individuals who participate in activities at First Unitarian of Des Moines, or church-related activities held elsewhere, who are eligible to receive COVID 19 vaccinations to do so and be fully vaccinated prior to their participation. We also expect individuals who are ill to utilize remote participation, rather than in-person program participation options.
SUNDAY SERVICES AND LARGE GROUP ACTIVITIES
- Participants attending Sunday services, all-congregation business meetings and other large group gatherings held in the auditorium, and at any event in the church where there is singing by the choir or congregants as a part of the program are required to wear properly fitted and appropriate facial coverings. In other large group activities, masks continue to be recommended but not required.
SMALL GROUP ACTIVITIES
- Appropriate facial coverings are required for all participants in children and youth and RE programs and childcare activities. Masking for adult RE programs will be at the discretion of the class leader.
- Masking is encouraged in other smaller group activities, but left to the discretion of the participants, and unmasking temporarily as appropriate to ensure virtual group participants can hear comments and discussion at times may also be appropriate. The church will continue to provide portable air purifiers to be operated when groups are meeting in classrooms or conference rooms.
CHURCH STAFF OFFICE VISITS/APPOINTMENTS
- Visitors to staff offices at the church are required to wear appropriate and properly fitted facial coverings.