- An energetic person who is able to work within appropriate professional boundaries and right relations with high school youth and their families, with congregation members, and with church staff.
- Actively build relationships and develop leadership with First Unitarian Church of Des Moines high school youth, their parents, youth advisors and the congregation as a whole to enhance engagement by and with the high school youth as a youth group, and as a part of the entire congregation
- Guide, assist, and monitor high school youth and advisors as they plan and execute special projects and events (including, but not limited to, fundraising, mission trips and participation in youth conventions)
- Aid in transition for middle school youth to high school programming
- Be a positive and compassionate role model who maintains appropriate relationship boundaries and complies with First Unitarian Church of Des Moines’s Safe Congregation policy.
- Be the primary coordinator responsible for working with the high school youth and advisors on a yearly worship service.
If this sounds like you, please contact Devon McClurken, Director of Faith Formation at email@example.com for more information.