At its core, being a member involves the four Ps:
- Presence – Attend church services and programming, as you are able.
- Participation – Get involved in the life of our community in ways that grow your soul. Whether your passion is volunteerism, childcare, art, or something entirely different, we have lots of activities scheduled throughout the year, and we are always open to exploring new ideas!
- Pledge – All members are expected to make and pay a regular pledge of financial support. If finances are a challenge, a waiver may be granted upon request. We believe that money should never be a barrier to membership.
- Pass it on – Share your pride in our religious community by talking to people about our church and what it means to you!
UU and You Class
Who: Anyone wanting to know more about us or considering becoming a member.
Participants will learn more about Unitarian-Universalism, First Unitarian Church of Des Moines, and what it means to be a member.
Registration is required.
If you would like additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Membership Process
- Attend several services. By attending regularly, you will get a feel for our community and begin to learn more about our faith.
- Speak with a member of our Membership Committee. They will be glad to answer any questions you have.
- Attend a UU & You Class with the Membership Committee, and meet other people new to the community, as well as members and staff representing religious education, stewardship, social justice and more!
- Those who decide to formalize their membership will be given an Intent to Join form and asked to make a pledge of financial support. For special financial circumstances please talk to a member of the Membership Committee. No one will be refused membership due to inability to make a financial pledge.
- Return the form to us at email@example.com, or print and mail it to First Unitarian Church of Des Moines, 1800 Bell Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa, 50315.
- Your pledge can be made directly on our website using our online Pledge Form. A PDF of the pledge form is also available if you would prefer to print it off and mail it to us.
We hope you that you will choose to become a member of our community! First Unitarian is a place where you’ll find opportunities to Grow Ethically and Spiritually, Serve Justly, and Love Radically. We’re eager to support you on your journey and are looking forward to welcoming you soon! If you have any questions regarding expectations of members, the membership process, or to be notified when the New Member classes will be held, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.