The Path of Membership
No one’s path is the same, but we all strive to live into our mission and vision as members of First Unitarian. Some key steps on the Path of Membership include:
- cUUriosity Conversations. On the first Sunday of every month after the service, we offer this time to visitors and friends to ask questions and learn from one another about Unitarian Universalism and our congregation.
- UU 101 Classes. On the 3rd Saturday of odd months, these classes with the minister take a deeper dive into Unitarian Universalist history and identity. The next class will be on Saturday November 18th.
- UU 201 Classes. On the 3rd Saturday of even months, these classes with the minister and lay-leaders take a closer look at life and membership in our congregation. Expect to hear from leaders on our Board of Trustees, Stewardship Committee, Pastoral Care Team, and more. The next class will be on Saturday January 20th.
- Signing the Membership Book. Every person who commits to membership at First Unitarian signs the Membership Book in the presence of other members. After you have participated in these opportunities, reach out to the Congregational Life Coordinator. They will let you know when the next Membership Affirmation Ceremony will take place. This Ceremony is a part of some Sunday Services where new members sign the Membership Book, and current members reaffirm their commitments of membership.
- Service and Leadership. The Path of Membership doesn’t end with signing the Membership Book. Membership includes service to our mission and vision, whether by joining a hospitality team, a workday, or a committee. It also includes leadership in our community, whether by leading a group or class, a committee or taskforce, or joining the Board of Trustees, Endowment, or Nominating Committees.
Where will your Path of Membership take you?
The Four P’s of Membership
To summarize, being a member involves Four P’s:
- Presence – Attend church services and programming.
- Participation – Get involved in the life of our community in ways that grow your soul. Whether your passion is volunteerism, childcare, art, or something entirely different, we have lots of activities scheduled throughout the year, and we are always open to exploring new ideas!
- Pledge – All members are expected to make and pay a regular pledge of financial support, which sustains all we do.
- Pass It On – Share your pride in our religious community by talking to people about our church and what it means to you!
Start the Path of Membership
Are you ready to start your Path of Membership? Please fill out this form and our Congregational Life Coordinator will follow up with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields
If you would like additional information, please email us at email@example.com.