The Blessings of Community
Rev. Jennifer Brooks
Celebrant: Martha Sherick Shen
One of the blessings of congregational life is the community we create together. In American society today, people often struggle to balance work with family life—the demands of the job and the deep personal need to be in meaningful relationships. The congregational community helps individuals and families find that balance, deepen relationships, and grow personally and spiritually. This Sunday, the day of our Annual Congregational Meeting, we consider and celebrate the way that the First Unitarian community brings meaning and balance to our lives. We will also recognize our graduating high school seniors in a Bridging Ceremony. One service this week at 10 a.m., followed by the Congregational Meeting at 11:15 a.m.
Special music by Julie Murphy & Bruce Martin
- Special Board Meeting on Possible Budget Amendment
- Short-Term, Part-Time Position Available
- First Unitarian Church at the Capital City Pride Parade!
- Visioning Process
- Budget Forums in May
- Intro to the UU Journey
- Updates from the Immigration Justice Team
- Family Promise Needs YOU!
- Annual Congregational Meeting: Sunday, June 3, 11:15 am
- Vegan Potluck – Thursday, June 7, 6 pm
- Bent Needles Meets through the Summer
- Service - Sun, May 27, 2018 10:00am - 11:00am @ Auditorium
- Pre-K - 5th grade Faith Formation - Sun, May 27, 2018 10:00am - 11:00am @ Lower Level
- Energy & Justice for All - Sun, May 27, 2018 11:00am - 12:00pm @ Peace Conference Room
- Great Decisions - Sun, May 27, 2018 11:00am - 12:00pm @ Room 105
- Meditation Class - Sun, May 27, 2018 11:15am - 11:45am @ Room 108