We strive to create a fun learning environment for children of all abilities and needs while:
- Nurturing their spiritual life
- Strengthening their ethical awareness
- Growing their Unitarian Universalist identity
- Supporting their faith development
Kids’ UU Principles
We even have a special version of our principles just for kids!
These are derived from the Seven Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
You can also download a colorful, printable version of these principles, created by our own Chelsea & Greta Hayes!
- We believe that each and every person is important.
- We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- We believe that all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
All families must complete a Faith Formation registration form to enroll children in classes. Visiting children and parents are always welcome!
Your Child’s Safety
Our children are a precious part of our congregation. To ensure their safety, we take the following steps:
- Background checks for all teachers and childcare workers are conducted every five years, unless circumstances change
- Two teachers are present in the classroom at all times
- The Director of Faith Formation is a mandatory reporter of any suspected child abuse or neglect
- A designated responsible adult for children 14 years and younger must be on the church premises on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, or at events
- Children in 3rd grade and under must be picked up from their classroom on Sunday by their designated adult at the end of class; older children will be released on their own