Children & Youth Faith Formation
Classes have moved to online for the remainder of the year. Please see our Facebook page here for more information.
Information for Families- When we meet in person
We assist each child in nurturing a spiritual life, ethical awareness, Unitarian Universalist identity, and faith development. The Faith Formation Council, together with the Director of Faith Formation, carefully choose our curricula that best fit these objectives in age-appropriate groupings. For more information, contact Devon McClurken, Interim Director of Faith Formation, at email@example.com or 515-244-8603 Ext. 104.
Here’s some information you will find especially helpful.
- All children attending faith formation classes (not in childcare) start the morning with their family in the service and walk down to the classrooms together after the children’s story/message.
- A designated responsible adult for children 14 years and younger must be on the church premises on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, or at events.
- Children in 3rd grade and under must be picked up from their classroom by their designated adult at the end of class. Older children will be released on their own. If your child attends both class times, your child must join you during coffee hour.
- ALL families must complete a Faith Formation registration form to enroll children in classes and/or childcare. Click here to fill out an on-line registration form, or pick one up in the church office.
- Families are encouraged to participate in the Faith Formation program through multiple volunteer opportunities. Contact Devon McClurken at 244-8603 ext. 104 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Safe Community
- All teachers sign a Code of Ethics at the beginning of the year.
- Background checks for all teachers and childcare workers will be conducted every five years, unless circumstances change.
- Two teachers will be present in the classroom at all times.
- The Director of Faith Formation is a mandatory reporter of any suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Visitors are encouraged to have the Director of Faith Formation give them a tour of classrooms.
- Any parent or guardian is welcome to attend and observe classes on Sunday mornings and/or Wednesday evenings.
Faith Formation Ministry Team
- Anne Stamper
- Jessica Wiederspan
- Sally Boeckholt
- Chelsea Hayes
9:30 AM UU Faith Formation ages PK-5. Zoom link on our Facebook page.
Email email@example.com for Zoom link for Wednesday night programming!
Youth Choir: PK-3 6:30-7
UU Kids: There will be an uploaded Spirit Play every week, starting tomorrow found on our YouTube page here
4-6th Grade Circle Group for Kids: 6:00-6:30 Zoom check-in and games!
7th Grade OWL: Check-in with everyone. The class will not continue but you can check in with your friends and teachers.